Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

Get "Vixenized" with the premiere of Music Monday



2011 kicks off today on The Sheepdog with a new blog layout and the first Music Monday. Today's artist, Vixen, was the warm-up band at the first rock concert I ever attended. The featured song and video is "Edge of a Broken Heart" from their debut, self-titled album in 1988. Interestingly, the song was written by singer / songwriter Richard Marx who had some success of his own in the late '80s.

Vixen was once described as "the female Bon Jovi" but their career, unfortunately, never garnered that type of success. Today's Music Monday appearance is their first on The Sheepdog, but it will not be their last. They hit the big-time when I was in high school and were one of my favorite bands. In fact, the afternoon before the concert, I was fortunate to attend a meet-and-greet autograph session with the band. At that age, who do you think I would have rather met - them or Bon Jovi ?? That's a no-brainer. Heck, now, twenty years later I'd still rather meet them than Bon Jovi.

Next week's Music Monday feature will be the band that Vixen opened for at that concert. I'll give you a clue. This band was making a bit of a comeback in the late '80s. Let's just say it was a "Dangerous Age" for them. If you think you know who it is, leave a comment with your guess. If anyone gets the correct answer, I post two videos of that band next Monday. We'll call it a "double shot."

(For my e-mail subscribers - please click here to see video.)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: