I've often said that I can tell everything I need to know about a candidate based upon their stance on two issues - life and guns. If a candidate is pro-life, it tells me that they care about people. If a candidate is pro-gun, it tells me that they think that we as individuals have a right to be left alone to take care of ourselves and determine our own destiny. If you are on the opposite side from me on one or both of those issues, then guess what - you ain't getting my vote. I am happy to say that Susan Lynn has always been on the pro- side, and my side, of both of those issues.
|Susan Lynn - the gun owners friend|
Susan's pro-gun voting record is second to none. Below I have listed some of the highlights. For instance, she voted in favor of :
- protecting old gun ranges (HB 1736)
- allowing permit holders to carry their handgun year-round in WMAs, public hunting areas, etc. (HB 961),
- allowing permit holders to carry firearms in restaurants that serve alcohol as long as they are not drinking. She co-sponsored this bill and voted to override Governor Bredesen's veto of it (HB 962)
- prohibiting authorities from confiscating firearms during "emergencies" (i.e. - like what happened in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina)(HB 1778)
- The Tennessee Firearms Freedom Act (HB 1796)
- removing the governor's authority to limit the sale or transportation of guns during an emergency. She also a co-sponsored this bill (HB 3240).
- prohibiting the state from requiring a carry permit holder to provide identifying information about their firearm. She also co-sponsored this bill (HB 46).
- park carry (HB 716)
- restaurant carry a 2nd time, and to override Governor Bredesen's veto a 2nd time, after a liberal, activist judge ruled the original law "too vague" (HB 3125)
People who have been reading The Sheepdog's blog since it went online in July 2009 know I love guns. They are not just a hobby for me. They are a way of life. Susan Lynn supports that way of life. Always has. Always will. If she didn't, I would have been the first to call her on it.
If you are a gun owner and live in Tennessee's 57th House District, but are still trying to decide who to vote for in the Republican Primary this Thursday, August 2nd, Susan Lynn is YOUR candidate. However, be sure to vote Thursday, because it is basically the General Election in this contest as there is no Democrat or Independent on the ballot in November. The winner, preferably Susan, on Thursday wins the seat.
If you are a gun owner, Susan Lynn is your friend. Trust me ... I'm a Sheepdog, and Sheepdogs love guns and pro-gun candidates.
And with all that being said, The Sheepdog extends his official endorsement to Susan Lynn for Tennessee House District 57. It is the first endorsement he ever has bestowed on any candidate for any office.
May Lynn Win on Thursday.