Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

Time to "Doubleback" on Music Monday

As I mentioned last Monday, The Sheepdog's Music Mondays this month will exclusively feature some of my favorite southern rock bands. I'm calling the series "Jammin' July." Today, we'll start it off with that "little ol' band from Texas" - ZZ Top.

These guys have been making some of southern rock's greatest music for over 40 years. They've sold millions of records and been inducted into the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame. They have recorded many hits through the years, but the song and video I'm featuring today is one they recorded for a movie. It's "Doubleback" from the movie Back to the Future III. The song was released on the band's 1990 album Recycler and spent five weeks at #1 on the Album Rock Tracks chart. I've embedded this enjoyable, fun video below or it can be watched by clicking here.


If you enjoyed today's "Jammin' July" video, just wait until you see what The Sheepdog's got planned for next Monday's double shot and then for the 3rd Monday in July. Any true fan of southern rock music knows that you can't talk about the genre without including .38 Special and Lynyrd Skynyrd. In my opinion, those bands wrote the book on it. If you are a fan of them, you will not want to miss the next two weeks. I guarantee it will be awesome !!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: