Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Music Monday with 38 Special



Last week's Music Monday took a journey all the way back to 1984 and Van Halen's only number one song, "Jump." Today, we go back just a little further to 1983 and feature another number one song - 38 Special's "If I'd Been the One" from the band's Tour de Force album. The song reaching number one was a Christmas present for 38 Special in 1983. It reached the top of the Billboard Top Rock Tracks chart on Christmas Eve and remained there until Van Halen's "Jump" bumped it from the top spot on January 21, 1984.

38 Special has long been my favorite band and "If I'd Been the One" my favorite song of theirs. The video is great. The tune is fast, it contains a vintage car, an antique truck, and beautiful scenery with horses running across open fields. 38 Special has been a great band for many, many years, and I've been fortunate to have seen them in concert twice. Many rock bands spend an excessive amount of time running their mouths during their shows but not 38 Special. They just play music. If you've never seen them in concert, you need to. They give you your money's worth every time. Plus, if you're a gun enthusiast, like me, how can you go wrong with a band named 38 Special ? Enjoy the video.

Oh yeah - one other thing. I bet your foot will be tapping by the end of today's video because this one's a rocker. Let me know if I'm wrong.

(My e-mail subscribers can click here to watch the video.)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: