Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Mandisa's "Stronger" - the prelude to a sabbatical

Today's Music Monday will be the last one for a while. For the last 18 months or so, The Sheepdog has been doing a lot of praying, thinking, and seeking the Lord's direction. Over the last several weeks, I've come to the conclusion that he is leading me to begin a new project - a new chapter in my life. It's one that will require a lot of work and some sacrifice but will make a difference. I'll share more about that at a later date.

Therefore, at the end of August (Wednesday), I will be taking a "Sheepdog Sabbatical" to begin work on that project. I ask for my readers prayers during that time. I do not know if the sabbatical will last for a month, two, or several. However, I will be back, but for now, let's get to some good music.



Today's music and video is one from Contemporary Christian artist Mandisa. Her career really took off after appearing on American Idol. I don't think anyone can argue that she doesn't have a great voice. The message she delivers in today's featured song, "Stronger" from her 2011 album titled What If We Were Real, is one of encouragement and strength. "Stronger" is also Mandisa's 2nd number one single. It reached the top slot on June 18, 2011 and remains there.

I felt this song was the one to run today. It just seems like the perfect tune for a prelude to my break away from blogging because times are tough. The economy's in bad shape with no improvement in sight. Americans are struggling financially, some are having health problems, and some have relationships in trouble. I pray this song provides some encouragement. The video and music can be enjoyed by clicking here. I'll be back tomorrow and Wednesday and then begin the break. Until then .....
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: