Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

2010 U.S Transplant Games - Day 3

Well .... things did not go the way Jim and I had hoped they would today. We finished 6th and completely out of the medals. We both had a horrible first game as Jim bowled a 135 and I only managed a 105. However, I was proud of the way we finished. We could have quit, but we didn't as Jim bowled a 151 and 167 in the next two games and I bowled the two best games I've bowled in The Games with a 191 in game 2, including 6 strikes, and a 171 in game 3. We only had a combined 240 after game 1 but fought back to bowl a 920 which was 114 pins better than what we managed in 2008. Unfortunately, we just got too far behind to come all the back.

It was a disappointing day, but we'll just have to try again Tuesday in the singles. The bronze medalists today bowled an 1156 which was over 200 pins better than us. We have to bowl the same guys again Tuesday and will have to bowl the games of our lives to have a chance. I'll have to bowl a 600 or better to have a chance. My personal best is a 590 some 18 months ago. It'll take a miracle to win Tuesday. Pray for us. We will need it.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: