Pages

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

2010 U.S Transplant Games - Day 5

Stick a fork in me - I'm done. Bowling was a disappointment again today. I only managed a 420 series and was no where near the medals. Jim bowled much better than I did in his competition but came up short, also. The one bright spot was he won a new Storm bowling ball in the drawing that was held. At least one of is taking some hardware home.

Just want to say thank you to everyone who supported us with monetary donations, prayers, and other support. We couldn't have made the trip without you. We will head home bright and early in the morning. I personally cannot wait to get home. I was so convinced that this was Jim and mine's year to win medals due to all the little positive signs God left along the way. I was so confident coming into the competitions because of them. Apparently, I misread something along the way because these Games have not went the way I thought they would.

Once I get home, it'll be time to start getting ready to do something I'm fairly good at - killing deer. The heck with bowling. Bow season starts September 25th and venison tastes much better than a bowling ball.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: