Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

2010 U.S. Transplant Games - Update #4

In exactly 6 weeks from today, July 30th, teams will began arriving in Madison, WI for the 2010 U.S. Transplant Games. We will register and have team photographs made that day. Jim and I will practice at the bowling facilities where we will compete sometime that afternoon. We will then compete in the doubles event two days later and hopefully have the first of two gold medals around our necks by this time that evening, August 1st.

I have 5 weeks of practice left as I will practice here, at home, for the last time on July 23rd, and then take the week off before departure to allow my shoulder, arm, and back a chance to rest and rejuvenate before gametime. We practiced twice this week bowling a 915 combined on Tuesday and a 913 today. Both would have won gold in 2008. However, we're still looking for improvement. My first game today was much improved as I bowled a 168. However, the last 2 games went downhill, but I learned some things during them which I will apply next Tuesday in hopes of finally turning my inconsistency issues around.

I'm still fundraising but it has been slow. I only have 12 more days left in which I can raise funds as June 30th is the deadline. If you haven't made a donation but would like to, you can by clicking here.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: