Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

2010 U.S. Transplant Games - Update #2

There's not a whole lot to report this week as far as an update on training / bowling practice. Jim and I bowled both Tuesday and Thursday. On Tuesday, we bowled a combined 961 which would have won gold in 2008 by 79 pins. Jim rolled a 569 which would have won him silver in '08. We won't talk about my day. Thursday, we bowled a combined 932 which would have once again been a gold medal winner in '08. Hopefully, we can keep that up. However, we actually would like to do better because the scores could be higher this time around. Jim's doing his part. It's time for me to get my act together. The doubles event is only 8 weeks from this coming Sunday.

As I reported last Friday, I have been fortunate and blessed to reach my original online fundraising goal of $1500. God has been faithful. However, I believe He will provide even more. I have set a second online fundraising goal of $2000. Basically, it amounts to $500 more. Why am I doing it ?? I believe that amount will not only cover my total Games expenses but also enable me to help some of my Team Tennessee teammates who have not been so fortunate with their fundraising. The deadline is June 30. If you would like to help out you can visit my online fundraising page by clicking here.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: