Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

Kickin' Off "Metal Mondays"


Last year, Vixen kicked off my Music Monday series. Today, they kick off my 2nd-Monday-of-the-month "Double Shots" of music. Both of today's videos are from songs off the band's second album, 1990's Rev It Up. The first video is of their song "How Much Love" (click here to watch) and the second is of "Not A Minute Too Soon" (click here to watch).

Many of the songs on the band's 1988 premiere album, Vixen, were written by other artists. However, the band decided to write most of it's own music and lyrics on the Rev It Up album. In my opinion, Rev It Up was the better record, and I believe the band's original lineup had a bright career in front of it had internal "issues" not split it up.

Vixen was the premiere female heavy metal band of the '80s and one of my favorite bands. I hope everyone enjoys this "double shot" of music on Metal Monday.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: