Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Remembering A Friend On Music Monday

The Sheepdog's gotta get back on schedule. Week before last, I was late getting the Music Monday post up. Then, last week there was no Music Monday because some things came up that required The Sheepdog take some time off and be away from the computer. So, I apologize to anyone who was disappointed that there was not a Music Monday last week. I'm back on post now and will be getting back to the normal schedule.

One of the things that came up last week was the passing of a dear friend named Curtis. He went home to be with the Lord after an off and on battle with cancer over the last twelve years. We shared a lot of good times together - baseball games, football games, hockey games, movies, and WCW wrestling matches. We shared some tough times, too, with both of us battling life threatening health problems during much of the same time period. Curtis was the youngest of four brothers, and he left the nest last. Due to that, for a number of years we were like brothers. Then, life happened - I moved away, and we both met and married our wives, and Curtis was blessed with three sons. However, we always stayed in touch and knew what was going on in each others lives.

One of Curtis' talents was singing. He had a great voice that he used to inspire and bless others, as well as praise the Lord. In fact, my wife and I were honored to have him sing at our wedding. Curtis sang my wife and mine's song that day - Motley Crue's "Without You." He did a great job, too. Vince Neil would have been proud.

I dedicate today's Music Monday to Curtis' memory. It is Building 429's "Where I Belong" and is their second appearance on The Sheepdog's Music Mondays. I chose this song to remember Curtis because he is no longer battling cancer. He is no longer sick but is now where he belongs - with Jesus.

Until we meet again ol' buddy, this one's for you.


Building 429 - Where I Belong (Official Music Video) from building-429 on GodTube.

The video can also be watched by clicking here.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: