Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

Honoring Heroes on Music Monday

Last Monday, I mentioned that I was gonna wrap up May with Music Mondays featuring genres of music that you don't normally see or hear on The Sheepdog. In fact, last Monday I featured the Beastie Boys and their brand of hip-hop / rock. Today, The Sheepdog's "gone country." And before you ask, yes, I'm o.k. - nothing's wrong. I'm perfectly sane ..... I think.

As I thought about what song and video I could feature today to honor those who have died fighting to protect our freedoms, there was one that came to mind pretty quickly. In fact, the song's video shows soldier, after soldier, after soldier in various places around the world keeping us safe and free. On behalf of myself and Americans everywhere, I dedicate it to the memory of the thousands of American men and women who have served in our armed forces and given their lives to protect and maintain our freedoms, our way of life, and our safety and security. They've given their all to defeat and run out of power brutal dictator after brutal dictator and to bring freedom to other parts of the word, and they've accomplished all of that ... "Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue."

I hope everyone enjoys Toby Keith's first appearance on The Sheepdog's Music Mondays. The video is embedded below or can be watched by clicking here. I encourage all to not get too caught up in the cookouts and hotdogs and hamburgers today, but instead, remember the true meaning of Memorial Day. Be thankful for those who have given their lives so that you might be able to eat those burgers and lay by the pool in relative safety. Our military makes it all possible. And ... they do it all for you and me. Think about that today and as you watch this video. I suspect it will put a tear or two in your eye. And perhaps it should.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: