Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Scat ......

Yesterday morning, the incumbent Tennessee State Senator Mae Beavers sent out the following newsletter via e-mail :
Upon receiving it, I noticed a number of inaccuracies in it. I felt it was my duty as a concerned citizen to point them out to her. It is my duty as a Sheepdog to point them out to my readers. My e-mail reply to The Senator is below.

Senator,

First of all, I love the subject line of this e-mail - "An Instance Where Talk is Cheap and the Facts Matter." That being said let's talk "facts." Shall we ??
  1. Fact #1 - It's interesting that you would try to connect the TWRA bill being taken off notice to the Health Care Freedom Act. I ran across an article about the whole TWRA situation that plainly shows one had nothing to do with the other. Here's the link so that you can be better informed. Interestingly, it was written (3/22/2010) long before your bill was killed in committee in June.
  2. Fact #2 - It's also interesting that Steve Gill tried to connect the Health Care Freedom Act and the TWRA bill, too. Makes me wonder who the mouthpiece is - is he yours or are you his ?? I would love to get that straight. Can you help me with it, please ?? It's a little unclear when considering your campaign finance reports and how much money ($12,955) you have paid to his media company. No wonder he likes you so much.
  3. Fact #3 - Rep. Lynn did take the TWRA bill off notice because Kent Williams told her to due to the commission insulting Rep. Faulkner at a meeting. From what I understand, Rep. Faulkner even had a tape of the insults. And if I remember right, although it could have changed recently and I missed it, Kent Williams is The Speaker of the House. I believe that means he is in charge of The House even though you seem to think you are. If Williams tells a member to take a bill off notice, they have to take it off notice. And just so you're properly informed, the TWRA bill extending it's existence has passed. I'm sure you remember that since you voted for it. Here's the link in case you forgot. I mean, c'mon Senator, did you actually think the General Assembly would kill the TWRA ?? You know as well as I do that if that had happened hunters and fisherman would have converged on the capitol reminiscent of the income tax protestors of years past.
  4. Fact #4 - Your e-mail says, "Unfortunately, Beavers' opponent's weaker bill was DEAD in the Senate as it had never been moved by the Senate sponsor, not heard by a single committee." Originally, the Senate sponsor of Rep. Lynn's bill was Sen. Diane Black. It was HER responsibility to move it through the Senate. However, I'll give you credit for telling the truth that politics killed the bill ... but only partial credit. Why ?? Because you didn't tell the whole story as usual. The blame for politics killing it rests upon you and Sen. Black, not Rep. Lynn. Your hatred for Rep. Lynn is what cost Tennesseans this bill and an opportunity to fight back against ObamaCare. Did you and Sen. Black cut some sort of election year deal to work together to delay the bill making Rep. Lynn look bad ?? Did Sen. Black do it in exchange for you helping her hopefully get elected to Congress ?? That would make sense considering how often I see you and Jerry being buddy-buddy with either Sen. Black or her campaign staff at events around the district.
My point in all this is - stop telling everyone that Rep. Lynn is a liar. The facts above are only a sampling of the times that I can point out that you have been the one distorting and / or not telling the truth. It is most unbecoming of a Tennessee State Senator. It will very likely ultimately lead to your downfall on August 5th because the people are getting tired of it.
Vote Susan Lynn in 2010 !!
Sincerely,
Johnny Black
No response as yet from The Senator.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: