Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

..... and more Scat.

Late yesterday afternoon, the incumbent State Senator Mae Beavers released the e-mail newsletter below. It was her second of the day.  She played a lot of defense yesterday.
Just as in the one she released earlier in the day, I noted a "few" inaccuracies. And once again, I felt it was my "citizenry" duty to call her on it. And of course, it's my duty as a Sheepdog to once again inform my readers and set the record straight. My e-mail response is below.

Mae, Mae, Mae. Here ya go again.
This line of yours about voting "yea" on SB 959 concerning sending the HOT lane bill to a study committee because its the "... traditional and deferential way to kill a bill" makes no sense at all. Why send the HOT lane bill to a study committee for it to be killed when you could save everyone time and money by simply voting "NO" to kill it as Rep. Lynn did ?? That's plum silly. If you've "... always voted against toll roads in our state ..." just vote NO and be done with it. Plus, since you say you "Oppose Any Tax Increase" (noticed that on one of your mailers), just vote NO because the HOT lanes are another tax. Putting it off on the study committee makes about as much sense as it would for me to be out deer hunting, have a 10-point buck standing 10 yards in front of me, my bow cocked and pointed at the deer, and decide to wait on my buddy to join me in a couple of hours and let him shoot it instead. He'd have me committed to an institution !!
One other thing - in regards to you saying Rep. Lynn is in "desperation." Is that kinda like the desperation your feeling right now ?? Does your "desperation" have anything to do with why you, Jerry, and others are out dropping off those photocopied newspaper pieces of negative propaganda about Rep. Lynn ?? Oh, and let me say thank you for the fact that you, Jerry, or whoever were thoughtful and mailed one to me. I was beginning to feel left out. And please, don't try to deny it. Citizens all over the district have actually seen you guys leave your "gifts." Furthermore, feel free to take me off your "special mailing list" for those. I would hate to run up your postage costs unnecessarily and we need to save at least a few trees. Plus, I already know the truth and it has set me free. You're not gonna change my mind.
Once again, please knock it off. Your actions are most unbecoming of a Tennessee State Senator. Tennesseans expect and deserve better. It's why I'm voting Lynn in 2010 !!
Johnny Black
Once again, no response as yet from the Senator.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: