Pages

Monday, October 14, 2013

Rock-tober - Week 2

It would be difficult to refer to Rock-tober as Rock-tober without featuring today's artist, John Mellencamp, at some point. Mellencamp has not appeared on The Sheepdog's Music Mondays before, and since today is a double shot Music Monday, I'll feature two of his tunes.

Mellencamp is an artist that has been very politically active during his career. Based upon his political activities and associations, I know he and I would agree on very little politically as he leans way to the left, and I lean way to the right. However, the dude has made some great music through the years that I still enjoy listening to. As momma used to say, sometimes "you have to take the bad with the good."

Both videos featured today are of tunes on his 1985 album titled Scarecrow. The first video is of "R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A." It is embedded below or can be watched by clicking here.



Video #2 today is of Mellencamp's "Small Town." It is embedded below or can be watched by clicking here. I hope everyone enjoys.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: