Pages

Friday, June 7, 2013

Our Veterans Deserve Better

People who know me personally, or have read this blog for any length of time, know that I have the utmost respect for and wholeheartedly support our veterans 100% of the time. I am grateful for and always in awe of the sacrifices they make both physically and in the amount of time they are away from their families. Many times they are away from their loved ones for anywhere from 9 or 10 months to a year. I cannot imagine what that is like.

Back when all the ruckus was going on about ObamaCare, health care, and so-called "Cadillac Health Care Plans," I felt like if anyone deserved a "Cadillac Health Care Plan" it's our military men and women. I often feel like we as a country don't do enough for those guys and gals, but that's a sermon and soapbox for another day. Today, something else is on my mind.

Earlier this week, a friend of mine took the picture below while at the VA Hospital in Nashville, TN. At the time, this banner was hanging around the main entry into the parking garage there.


When I received it, I was shocked. My first thoughts were of the vets that visit there every day for doctors appointments, labs, and other reasons. I wondered what they think of it. I suspect that many of them were offended by it. I also thought about an article that I shared here back in April that was written by Pat Buchanan - "Is America Still A Good Country ?". It seems that morals in America continue to decline. To me, what makes it worse is that we are not ashamed of it. It really seems that we have no shame, at all, anymore as a country. I wonder sometimes if there is not a connection between our lack of morals as a nation and our problems ranging from the economy, to crime, to government corruption, and I could go on and on.

Anti-ACLU-2
Anti-ACLU-2 (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
I wonder how quickly the ACLU and other groups would have raised cain if instead of the banner above, someone had hung one that had an encouraging scripture on it that could uplift the spirits of the patients visiting the VA hospital. Heck, the ACLU would have filed a lawsuit crying "violation of separation of church and state" quicker than a Democrat votes for a tax increase. You know I'm right, too.

Know, before anyone leaves a nasty comment below this post claiming, "you just hate people with 'alternative life styles'," let me unequivocally state that I don't. The Bible states that we have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, which includes me. We all need to be getting our act together.

History has shown time and time again that all great empires, right before they have fallen, have gone down the same road America is currently on. First, morals loosen a little. Next, a little more until one day everybody is doing whatever they want with whomever they want whenever they want and there is no moral fabric or moral values at all. Suddenly, the nation crashes and burns and people wonder "what happened ?"

The question is - is the U.S.A. gonna continue down that road to a complete absence of moral values and destruction, or are we gonna turnaround ?

Since yesterday was the 69th anniversary of D-Day, I hope we choose the latter, because our veterans deserve better. The road to complete decadence and destruction is not the one they fought and sacrificed for.

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." - 2 Chronicles 7:14 (King James Version)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: