Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

A Canadian Music Monday

I've spent some time the last few days trying to decide what artist to feature for today's Music Monday. It's double shot day for June. I had a band picked out, but as I reviewed video after video from them, I found that each was less than "family friendly." So, I scratched that idea.

Then, while sitting in Logan's Roadhouse yesterday having lunch with my wife and some friends, I was "inspired." One of Canada's best known singer / songwriters, who had much success in the 1980s was playing on the P.A. system, and I thought, "That's it !" The artist was Bryan Adams.

One of Adams' most successful records was 1984's Reckless. More than 5 million copies of it were sold in the U.S. alone, and it was the first record ever to surpass the 1 million sales mark in Adams home country of Canada. In fact, it reached #1 on the Billboard chart.

The two songs / videos I've chosen to feature from Adams' Reckless today are "Somebody" and "Summer of '69". Both videos are embedded below or you can watch "Somebody" by clicking here or "Summer of '69" by clicking here.



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: