Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

The Sheepdog's back with "Livin' on a Prayer"



After a nice two week break to do some other things, The Sheepdog's back. The website renovation is coming along well, but it'll take a few weeks for me to finish up the new look. In the meantime, it's time for Music Monday again.

Bon Jovi is the feature today. These guys were one of the most popular and most successful bands of the '80s. They sold millions of records and scored some #1 song's during that era. One of their biggest hits was today's featured video - "Livin' on a Prayer." The song was on the band's 1986 album Slippery When Wet which reached number one and has sold more than 28 million copies making it the band's biggest selling album of their career. I hope everyone enjoys watching it.

Furthermore, in my last blog post before my break, I stated that April is Donate Life Month. Therefore, I will focus on organ and tissue transplant issues in my posts this month. One reason I ran "Livin' on a Prayer" today, besides the fact it's a great song, is because over 110,000 Americans are currently on the national waiting list for a life saving organ transplant. They are indeed living on a prayer. The good news is that there is hope for them if more people will sign up to be donors. If you haven't signed up, I encourage you to visit the Donate Life America website today (click here) to find out how to do so where you live.

(My e-mail subscribers, as well as others, can also watch the video by clicking here.)

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: