Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving !!

I just wanted to take a moment to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. It dawned on me earlier today that this is the third "extra" Thanksgiving" the Lord has blessed me with since my transplant. It wasn't that long ago that I did not know how many more I would get to enjoy with friends and family.

After you go through a chronic illness that nearly takes your life and come out on the other side doing great, you look at things a little differently. Each morning I'm thankful just to not to wake up dead. I'm thankful to be able to get out of bed, clean up, and get dressed under my own power and spend another day with my wife. I used to get frustrated when I'd go deer hunting or fishing and come home with nothing. Now, I'm thankful just to have the physical strength to to go. If a get a deer or catch a few fish, then that's just icing on the cake.

Unfortunately, we humans tend to take things for granted until they are nearly taken from us. I want to encourage you today to enjoy the things you have, your family and friends, and be thankful for them. Say a prayer for our miltary families who are apart because a loved one is serving oversees. If you see someone in a military uniform, tell them how thankful you are for them and their service to our country. May God Bless you all.
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Chuck said...

Hope you had a great one, too, dog !!

Bubba said...

Here's wishing you a bunch more Thanksgivings.