Pages

Sunday, July 5, 2009

In memory of ....


America begins its 234th year today, and I had planned to comment on last night's Coke Zero 400. Unfortunately, those plans changed. Shortly, after posting my first blog entry last night, I received a phone call telling of my friend Robert's sudden passing. Therefore, this entry is to honor his memory. Robert was a great man. He would give you the shirt off his back even if it was the last stitch of clothing he had. He had few material possessions because he gave everything away to help others. Robert loved his children (please remember them in your prayers), his church family, and his country. He served our country bravely in the 82nd Airborne years ago. He fought to protect our independence we celebrated yesterday. If you ever needed anything, he was always there. I can remember the many times Robert sat with me to keep me company and help out during my recovery from the heart transplant. I'm forever grateful for his giving spirit. About 3 weeks ago, Robert e-mailed me the On Sheep, Wolves, and Sheepdogs article that inspired this blog. I had never seen it or heard of it before. Needless to say, with each future post I will think of him. It seems strange that just a few hours after the first post on this blog he would be gone. Our loss is heaven's gain. He will be sorely missed, but I know that one day we will meet again. Until then old friend and fellow sheepdog, until then .....
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: