Pages

Monday, March 3, 2014

KickStart Your Week With Music Monday

Ten days ago, I celebrated my 7-Year heart transplant anniversary. In the days since, the newest Dodge Ram commercial has started airing featuring my favorite Motley Crue song - "Kickstart My Heart."

It gave me an idea. During my 11-year battle with heart disease, prior to my transplant, my heart had to be "kickstarted" about a dozen times. It was no fun. By contrast, Motley Crue's "Kickstart My Heart" music video, filled with images of drag racing, stock car racing, motorcycles, and skydiving, is a straight up adrenaline packed 5 minutes of pure fun. So, considering what I just celebrated, I felt like it was perfect for this Music Monday. So, I'm gonna feature the song's video today.

Dr. Feelgood (album)
Dr. Feelgood (album) (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
"KickStart My Heart" appeared on the band's 1989 Dr. Feelgood record. The record went to #1, and is in the opinion of many music critics, and this music fan, the band's best record. One quick warning, though, in regards to today's video. I always try to keep The Sheepdog blog as "family friendly" as possible. However, just past the 3 minute mark of "Kickstart," when the tempo slows down, the lyrics contain 2 references to the 3-letter word for "butt." If that offends you, then don't watch the video. However, if you need a little shot of energy to start the week off, today's video is a Crue Classic and might just be the ticket for getting your week going.

So, crank the volume up, and "kickstart" your week with a dose of Motley Crue. The video is embedded below or can be watched by clicking here. I'm sure my fellow CrueHeads out there will enjoy this one.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: