Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

Music Monday with a "Bang"

NBC's The Blacklist has become one of my favorite shows. My wife and I started watching it with it's debut, but after a couple of episodes, I didn't think it was very good and probably wouldn't last. Then, James Spader's character, Raymond Reddington a.k.a Red, began to grow on me. The character's confident, sometimes arrogant one-liners, and dry-wit were the hooks that have kept me watching.

Sundown (Gordon Lightfoot song)
Sundown (Gordon Lightfoot song) (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
For those of you that watched last week's episode, you may remember that it ends with Red sitting in the dark in a house with a boombox at this side playing Gordon Lightfoot's hit "Sundown." I found myself laughing, knowing Red was up to something but not sure what. Then, Red's quarry walks in to the room to check on the noise (the music playing), and Red flips on a light revealing a revolver in his hand. In typical Red fashion, he talks some smack, shoots his quarry, flips Lightfoot's "Sundown" back on, and leaves. All while remaining cool as a cucumber. Classic. Hence, the title of today's post.

It gave me the idea to start 2014's Music Mondays with a video of Lightfoot's "Sundown" instead of my usual rock, metal, or Christian music video. However, since the song was released in 1974, 40 years ago, I was concerned I might not be able to find one of good quality. Fortunately, I did.

"Sundown" was a huge hit for Lightfoot. Thus far, it's been his only #1 song on the U.S. charts. As always, the video is embedded below or can be watched by clicking here. Enjoy.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: