Pages

Monday, October 10, 2011

A brief interruption to Sheepdog sabbatical

Dear Tennessee Titans,

I trust you had a safe, but somber, trip home yesterday. The good news is that the 38-17 embarrassment you received at the hand of the Steelers did produce something positive. Think about it. Since they have beaten you three years in a row, 4 of the last 5 games, and now lead the all-time series 44-30, you guys have something in common with the 6 Lombardi and 8 Lamar Hunt Trophies in our trophy case - WE OWN YOU !!

For that reason, and out of the goodness of my heart, I have reserved a nice, cushy spot for you to reside in within that same trophy case. Best of all, it's right beside the Steelers' Lombardi Trophies !! Aren't you excited !! Finally, you have the opportunity to touch one and get to know it. I figure it's as close as you will ever get to having one of your own. I hope you do not waste this opportunity to make a new friend. And, .... you don't have to thank me. It's the least I can do to help you deal with your grief.

Lastly, I believe it is time to replace the "Welcome to the Great State of Tennessee" signs that are located on I-40, 24, and 65 where they enter your state. Since we own you, "Welcome to Steeler Country" signs would be much more appropriate. If you'll have Gov. Haslam contact Mr. Rooney to make the arrangements, I'm sure the Rooney Family will be more than happy to foot the bill for the new signs. I know times are tough, in more ways than one, in the state of Tennessee, so it's the least we can do.

Kindest regards,
The Terrible Towel

P.S. If you're looking for someone to blame for yesterday, you don't have to look any further than Lindale White and Jevon Kearse. Yes, I know they don't play for you anymore, but we haven't forgotten the events of December 21, 2008.

P.P.S. Maybe you guys should have kept Jeff Fisher. Just sayin'.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: