Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

The Haslam Administration : Cronyism Or Just "Good Business"? You Decide - Part 1 of 7

I've made no secret of my lack of fondness for current Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam. I didn't vote for him in 2010 and have no intention of doing so this year when he's up for re-election. I had reservations about his "conservative" credentials, and so far, he's proven me correct.

English: Knoxville mayor and Tennessee GOP gub...
English: Knoxville mayor and Tennessee GOP gubernatorial candidate Bill Haslam addressing supporters before the Highlands Town Hall Debate at Tennessee Tech University. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
A few months ago, NewChannel5 in Nashville ran a one-hour investigative special on Haslam and his administration titled NC5 Investigates : Questions of Influence. The dealings brought out in the show were shocking. When it concluded, I wondered, "why haven't other news media outlets in Tennessee brought his out?"

I feel it is important that all Tennesseans, not just those within the NewsChannel5 viewing area, see this investigative report. So, over the next several weeks I will share it here on The Second Chance Sheepdog in video segments ranging from 5-8 minutes in length. Be sure to watch them all.

I'm sure many of my died-in-the-wool Republican friends, even family members, will be unhappy with me for running this series. However, it must be ran, because, as I said, all Tennesseans need to see this. As I run this series, I encourage Republicans and others to put partisanship aside and ask two questions :
  1. If Haslam was a Democrat with a GOP-controlled legislature, as we have now, would this be allowed to happen?
  2. In light of this report, is he fit to be governor?
Without further delay, Part 1 is embedded below, or can be watched by clicking here.
NewsChannel5.com | Nashville News, Weather
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: