Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

An Ode to Elam on Music Monday

On Thursday, Susan Lynn regained the Tennessee House of Representatives District 57 seat. She did so by winning 68% of the vote and winning every single precinct in the district. It was a clean sweep.

The people of the 57th sent a very loud and very clear message to Lynn's opponent Linda Elam and her backers, including State Senator Mae Beavers, the McCall PAC, and others. The voters said we've had enough of the dirty politics. We've had enough of the negative campaigning. We are sick of the hate within the political circles in OUR county. They simply said, "We're Not Gonna Take It" anymore.

Therefore, I dedicate today's Music Monday to former Mayor / Rep. Elam and her associates mentioned above. The song is Twisted Sister's "We're Not Gonna Take It." The video is embedded below or can be watched by clicking here.

I'm proud of Susan and the clean, ethical campaign she ran. However, I'm also proud of my neighbors, friends, and fellow Wilson Countians who stood up and, with their vote for Susan, said "ENOUGH !!" Either later this week or next week, I'm gonna run one last article about the District 57 race summarizing and laying out the history behind it. After I do so, I'll be done with it, and then I'm gonna take a blog break for a few weeks. It will be a good, informative read for all. In the meantime, enjoy today's music.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: