Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Reagan Week Wrap-Up



I've spent most of this week remembering the legacy of President Ronald Reagan as we approach what would be his 100th birthday this Sunday, February 6th. Over the last few years, we've seen a multitude of changes in the U.S. The size of government has increased and freedom has decreased. Reagan would be shocked if he were still with us and very likely be speaking out.

Along those lines, a friend forwarded a music video to me earlier this week. The song is titled "Looking for America" and the artist is Mark Wills. The lyrics remind me of one of Reagan's most famous quotes - "If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth." As I watched the video (click here), I could almost imagine Reagan nodding his head agreeing with the lyrics. I dedicate it to his memory.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: