Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

Double the Metal on Music Monday

After showing two patriotic country music videos on The Sheepdog last week, I felt like today's Music Monday needed to crank the volume WAY, WAY up. I feel a need to negate the "twanging" from last week. I guess you could say I'm going back to my roots.

When I was a teenager, metal was huge. It's the music I enjoyed then and still do. Two of the greatest metal bands of that era were Metallica and Cinderella. Today, I'll show one video from both of them (see videos below). Metal Heads, this Music Monday is for you.

The Metallica video is
"Enter Sandman" from the 1991 album Metallica. The Cinderella video is "The Last Mile" from the 1988 album titled Long Cold Winter. Cinderella is probably my favorite metal band and "The Last Mile" is my favorite song of theirs. Both bands featured today are great bands and meant to be played loud. I saw Cinderella in concert in 1988 and they were so loud my ears rang for 3 or 4 days after the concert was over. I've heard Metallica is extremely loud live, also. However, I've never had the opportunity to see them in concert. So, let's crank these up really, really loud on Music Monday and start the week off right. Enjoy (see below).




Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: