Pages

Monday, February 25, 2019

Heart Month Music Monday

February is designated as Heart Month each year. It is also the month I received my heart transplant of which I celebrated the 12th anniversary of last week. So, it is a special month for me.

Back in 2012, I posted a Music Monday series featuring Heart and a number of their most popular tunes. It was also in 2012 that Heart gave a special performance of "Stairway to Heaven" at the Kennedy Center Honors for Led Zeppelin. In my opinion, it was an unforgettable, legendary performance of one of rock 'n roll's iconic tunes by one of my favorite bands. It will be hard for anyone to ever top it.

I read somewhere after Heart's performance that usually the members of Led Zeppelin do not like it when their music is performed by other bands. However, in this case, they really enjoyed it. I think that is evident in the video.

If you have not scene it, today's your chance. It is embedded below or can be viewed by clicking here. Enjoy. I sure did.
 
Heart "Stairway to Heaven" (Live) from Hamilton Post Production on Vimeo.

No comments: