Pages

Friday, December 28, 2018

Bye, Bye Facebook

Back in April, The Sheepdog announced the creation of a new Facebook page for this blog. With most people using Facebook daily, I felt it would make reading my posts much more convenient for some of my readers.

Source : Wikipedia
Over the last few years, we have learned much about what Facebook does with the information we put on our Facebook pages. However, I wondered how extensive the "information sharing" actually was.

Then, last week, it was revealed that Facebook shared some of it's users private messages with it's business associates, including Netflix and Spotify. Read more here

This news was the last straw for me. So, I have decided to delete The 2nd Chance Sheepdog Facebook page. If you have "Liked" it and follow it, I thank you. I'm also sorry to have to terminate the page. It's just that Facebook has gone too far, and my concern is "what additional information are they gathering from people when they visit my page?" The page will be deleted sometime in the next couple of days. 

No comments: