Pages

Monday, March 2, 2015

8 Years .... and Counting

A couple of weeks ago, I celebrated the 8th anniversary of my heart transplant. It amazes me how fast the last 8 years have flown by. It seems more like only 8 days. However, I'm thankful for every one of the last 2900+ days. I haven't taken any of them for granted.

The last 8 years have given me an opportunity to spend additional time with my wife, friends and family, and more time doing the things I enjoy. It has now dawned on me that I am not alive today because of anything I have done. I'm still here because of the love of friends and family who supported and prayed for me during my long battle with heart disease. I'm alive because God is gracious and merciful, and because a man I never met chose to care enough to be an organ donor. In other words, I'm still alive because of what others did for me.

It's been awhile since there was a Music Monday on this blog, and I felt like today was as good a time as any to get them started back up. I've decided to feature a song that has been one of my favorites for many years, because it expresses how I feel about the blessing of the last 8 years, and it does it so much better than any words I can type on this page.

Today's feature is a live video of Avalon's "Testify to Love". I've embedded it below or it can be watched by clicking here. Enjoy, and if you're not yet registered as an organ and tissue donor, please do so today by clicking here.

No comments: