Pages

Friday, June 20, 2014

Hail to the ..... 'Skins?!?

As a football fan, I've been following this whole "Redskins controversy" ..... oops, I said the Red-word. Sure hope I didn't offend anyone. Honestly, though, I think the whole thing's silly, especially with Congress and Big O getting involved. The country's on fire, basically, and they're worried about a football team name? Puh-lease.

It kinda reminds me of how the U.S. Senator from the state of Tennessee, Lamar Alexander, touted his bill to prevent the Corps of Engineers from restricting fishing access on Tennessee's rivers below dams. Yes, I'm not kidding - millions out of work, terrorists running wild, Americans fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan, and that goofball's worried about fishing. Ridiculous. He still brags about that on his website, too. We need to vote him out this year, Tennessee. But I digress.

Glenn Beck did a piece about the whole 'Skins thing, after their trademark was revoked, on The Blaze the other day. I got a copy of it in his e-mail newsletter, and I thought I'd share. Two videos were in the article. One of them, about the history of the Washington Redskins name, is embedded below. The second, not embedded below, is Beck's interview with Dana Loesch, a Blaze contributor, about the whole issue. Both videos and the article, "What the Woman 'A Lot More' Native American than Elizabeth Warren Thinks About the Redskins Decision", on The Blaze can also be watched, and read, by clicking here.
 

I just hope that when this mess is over they haven't outlawed "the Redskins' song". Back in the day, when I was pulling for the 'Skins and the Steelers, I loved that song, especially when the Redskins were winning Super Bowls.

Maybe folks will be able to compromise on the song. "Hail to to the 'Skins", .... maybe?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sheep, I agree completely .... though I'm a baseball fan and I'm watching because of the Cleveland Indians! But then we have the Braves ... and the Chiefs ..... talk about over stepping your authority!!

Be well my friend!!

My2ndHeartBeat

The Second Chance Sheepdog said...

It's just silly, Heartbeat.