Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

A Music Monday with U2



When trying to decide on a music video to feature today, it occurred to me that my March Music Mondays have had a commonality - they've all been number one songs from the '80s. So, I decided to continue with that trend today. Last week I watched U2 play an outdoor concert atop the BBC building in London on TV. So, I decided they would be the featured band this week. The featured song is their first career number one in the U.S. and Canada - "With or Without You" from their 1987 album The Joshua Tree. "With or Without You" was the first of three singles from that album to reach number one with the album itself reaching number one. The Joshua Tree earned U2 two Grammy Awards in 1988 for Album of the Year and Best Rock Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals. Enjoy.

(My e-mail subscribers can see the video by clicking here.)
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: